Scripture Union of Tanzania has a facility available to Christian groups for very reasonable fees:
The SU Imbaseni Centre, near Arusha
This Centre has dormitory accommodation for up to 160 people. The beds are bunk type with sixteen beds per room. All linen is provided. There is a large meeting room and a modern kitchen. The kitchen may be used for self-catering or meals can be provided by the Centre staff. The Imbaseni Centre is within easy driving distance of some of Tanzania’s major wild game parks such as the Nrogongoro Crater. There is an international airport near Arusha, so that the Imbaseni Centre is an ideal location for international conferences and is often used for such purposes, in addition to meeting regional needs. The Centre’s postal address is PO Box 1827, Arusha, Tanzania.
Who is who at the SU Imbaseni Centre?
There are 26 staff employed at Imbaseni.
- Peter Cherra is Director. His experience in school teaching and his gifts in preaching and evangelism are well used in managing SU Imbaseni.
- Morris Jackson has been the Accountant since 1992. This was a big change from his position as accountant for the Serengeti National Park, but having become a Christian, he was pleased to have the opportunity to work for a Christian organisation.
- Mrs Frida Nnko Laizer is the Centre’s personal Secretary cum Accounts Clerk. Before joining SU in 1993 she was studying secretarial work for two years.
- Mbonea Nkuruvi, Bookstore Manager and Storekeeper, was formerly a storekeeper with Perpsi Cola, Dar es Salaam, which prepared him well for taking responsibility for equipment at Imbaseni. He also manages the bookshop and literature distribution.
- Meshack Mpenah has been Head of the Vocational Training School since 1997. He was formerly teaching at Dareda Workshop in Babati, Arusha.
To receive further information please Contact Us.